The exchange of Business is vital to the global economy, Nigeria is not an exception, hence, ISMMN is creatively and technologically developing this important concept by educating, training and re-training graduates to meet modern day business challenges.
To create a result oriented Integrated Sales and Marketing Management Profession with International Certification and global acceptance.
The Institute was established in 1998, as the need for a more purposeful integrated Sales and Marketing Management professional body in Nigeria, as in developed world. ISMMN was certified, recognized and legalized in1998 under Decree 1 of 1990 Act of Parliament 2007. ISMMN is the only integrated Institute of Sales and Marketing Management profession in the country, offering National Qualification Frame work (NQF) on Sales and Marketing Management.
The Institute represents thousands of sales and Marketing Management professionals from every sector of the economy, industry and commerce. It exists to maintain and promote the prestige and integrity of sales practitioners by actively highlighting the professionalism of those who has chosen it as a career.
Majority of its members are in Lagos and Abuja and the demand to expand it to other states in the country is increasing as the members also enjoy international recognition.
ORGANIZATION OF THE INSTITUTE
The Institute operates from its modern corporate office in Ikorodu Road, Fadeyi, Lagos. The Institute is managed by the Registrar who is the Chief Executive and the Director of Membership Services, comprising the PR department team. The registrar is responsible for the Institutes prestigious online journal, Sales and Marketing Digest, and other printed matters for the membership.
The Institute is fortunate to have as President, Alh. Auwulu Muktari supported by two Vice Presidents who are chosen through their positions in the Industry and academia, who represent the Institute on occasions.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE INSTITUTE
The Institute set objectives center largely on providing a benchmark which will give core values on Sales and Marketing Management professionals in their chosen careers for the purpose of achieving the desired mission and goals of an organization which include;
- Meeting the Sales and Marketing Management Techniques for the dynamic economy.
- Stimulate, Energize, Develop and Promote sound integrated Sales and Marketing Management matrix through educating, training, re-training and research etc.
- To enhance the standard of Sales and Marketing Management Profession in Nigeria.
- To encourage Salesman, Marketers and graduates of other disciplines in the field of Sales and Marketing Management career.
- Organize workshops, seminars and conferences equipping members in the development of skills to excel in their professional endeavours.
- To meet consumer satisfaction and maximizing Returns on Investment (ROI) for stake holders.
- To conduct examinations, award professional certificate on Sales and Marketing Management career in affiliation with Sales and Marketing Management UK and other reputable Institutions.
- The Institute aims to enhance and protect the professional competence of its members.
- Through it representatives, the Institute aims in providing an effective voice within parliament and various government bodies on behalf of its membership.
- To comment on any legislation which may affect advantageously or detrimentally, the well being of its membership professionally in particular and the public in general.
CATEGORIES OF MEMBERSHIP
Categories of membership are as follows:
- ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP
- CERTIFIED/FULL MEMBERSHIP
- FELLOW MEMBERSHIP
- CORPORATE MEMBERSHIP
- HONORARY MEMBERSHIP
QUALIFICATIONS FOR MEMBERSHIP
Membership is open to holders of B.Sc., M.Sc., MBA, PHD, HND, and OND in all disciplines. Graduates of Advanced Diploma in Marketing of Tertiary Institutions are qualified; Practitioners in Sales and Marketing Management in their respective organizations are also qualified. Members of other professional bodies as well as holders of Salesmanship Diploma of London are also eligible. ISMMN examinations are open to anyone with varied qualifications and background.
The Direct Membership is opened to Executive Directors, Directors, Managers, Technocrats and Lecturers with any of the above qualifications as well as not less than ten (10) years experience.
Corporate Membership is available to all registered incorporated organizations in Nigeria which either practice;
- Integrated Sales and Marketing Consultancy, Researchers, Promoters, Business Development Consultancy Practitioners, Public Relation and Management Consultancy Outfit etc.
- Business men with recognized and transparent Sales and Marketing Management Career.
The Student Membership is opened to:
- Students from the ages of 17years and above waiting and seeking admission.
- Posses at least 5 credit passes in GCE O/L or equivalent (Maths and English very essential).
- Matured students with 4 credits passes with 5 years practical experience in Sales and Marketing Management.
- Students in 100 level in any recognized Tertiary Institutions. Such student will commence studies immediately for ISMMN exams in its 3 stages with 6 courses each, through National Integrated Sales and Marketing Training Centers, Abuja, Lagos and Port Harcourt or as private students.
Full Membership is awarded to those who have been employed in a Sales and/or Marketing role, having managerial appointment and other recognized professional training will be an advantage.
The Institute assist those people who wish to develop their potential in the Sales and Marketing disciplines by offering courses:
- Certificate Course
- Diploma Certificate Course
- Advanced Diploma Course
- Professional Graduate Diploma
- Professional Advanced Diploma
These Professional Certificate program’s recognizes the importance of practical experience as well as theoretical study Recognition by the institute is extended to a number of educational establishments and Institutions conducting courses in Sales and Marketing Management.
Practical experience in Sales and Marketing Management are also taken into consideration while sitting for Examinations.
Constant development of program’s on Sales and Marketing Management for higher levels are always being taken into consideration.
To belong into the league of fellows of Institute Marketing Management of Nigeria, you must have distinguished yourself in the field of Sales and Marketing Management for over 20years or lectured for at least 10 years.
More and more employers are recognizing the worth of those Sales and Marketing Management people who are members of the Institute, and many members have found that membership has aided them in promotion and upgrading in their companies and organizations. Further details of recognized Sales and Marketing Management qualifications and approved Professional training, may be obtained on application for membership.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
The benefits of your membership are unlimited as the Institute is poised to strategically expose its members for greater challenges and value added to their careers.
One of the unquantifiable benefits which is of great importance to many members is the privilege for successful members to attach to their names ISMMN prestigious designatory letters like;
AMISMM – Associate Member, Institute of Sales and Marketing Management
MISMM – Member, Institute of Sales and Marketing Management.
FISMN – Fellow, Institute of Sales and Marketing Management.
HMISMM – Honorary Member, Institute of Sales and Marketing Management.
Members are exposed to relevant authorities and government agencies in the areas of Sales and Marketing projects.
Benefit that is of interest is the recognition which potential members enjoy by being a member of The Institute of Sales and Marketing Management in U.K, its training courses, seminars/ conferences and certification.
- As a member you are equipped to be an authority in the area of Sales and Marketing Management Issues. the three (3) concepts in One Institute.
- Being a Fellow you are seen as and qualified to handle professionally any material issues in Sales and marketing Management including Consultancy. The benefit of CPT. Programs that give members edge over other professionals, cannot be over emphasized.
- Attachment of ISMMN designatory after your name which is essential.
- Job placement and Recruitments, Sales and Marketing Management News Digest which comes up every quarter are more benefits for consumers.
- Business networking within membership as an alumni expose you to know who your fellow members of the Institute are, and can relate and partner with one another in your field of interest.
- Attendance and opportunities for intentional sponsored Conferences, program’s and Training as a member of the Institute.
New benefits are, however being added to existing ones because any service or advantage which improve the efficiency and make life easier for the Sales and Marketing Management members, will benefit business in the long term.
There is a real need for increasing Professionalism in business.
Greater proficiency will result in satisfaction of customers and increased profitability both in selling and buying professions.
Hence the Institute Motto: CONSUMER SATISFACTION
Coporate office is located at 2nd floor, Suit 2B, 34/36 Ikorodu road,
Jibowu, Fadeyi, Lagos.
Tel: 07035747972, 08126311840